DOES YOUR BUSINESS REALLY NEED A WEBSITE?
You have probably heard that for a business to succeed they need a website. So, does your business really need a website to grow revenues and gain customers? Is it essential to success or can you do just fine without one?
Well being a web designer you would think I would say “Absolutely, yes.. every business needs a website”, but I am trying to be objective. My answer is, it depends. It depends on several factors.
Here is a brief list of factors you should consider in wether a website is right for you.
REASONS YOUR SHOULD HAVE A WEBSITE
So you run a small business maybe even a one person shop but there are still lots of reasons to get a website:
- Your competitors most likely have websites – do you want potential customers finding them and not you online?
- Information about you and your business is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. No ad in the paper can match that amount of presence.
- Google and the internet have largely replaced phonebooks. People now turn to their laptops and other devices to search for services &/or products.
- Many people will use your website to research you before they buy. You have the opportunity to shape how your business is represented and viewed by customers.
- I have personally heard many people say “If the business doesn’t have a website, I won’t even consider buying from them”.Tweet this
REASONS YOU MIGHT DECIDE NOT TO HAVE A WEBSITE
While there are many advantages to having a website, there may be conditions when you may not need a website:
- If you have more business than you can handle and you don’t have the infrastructure to support growth.
- You don’t want to grow – you are a one person shop, you have a great base of existing customers and you don’t want to grow.
- If your website turned out badly, i.e. poorly designed, broken links, bad images etc It may be better to have NO website than a bad one.
- If know your customers don’t use the internet than perhaps a website many not be a high priority for you.
There are pros and cons to having a website but only you can decide if it is right for your unique circumstances.
Should you decide that you need a website for your business, we would be happy to help you create one that will reflect your brand and draw new customers in. Feel free to contact us today to discuss your project.